Personal tools

Location

University hall, Naamsestraat 22, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium 

This prestigious building of 1317 was originally the municipal cloth hall and only comprised a ground floor in Gothic style. In 1432 the newly founded university was housed in one of the wings. In 1679 the city sold the entire building to the University that immediately built the baroque first floor. In 1723 a new wing was added, the classical sandstone façade overlooking the market square ‘Oude Markt’. The hall was used as a lecture hall until the first world war and is now housing the offices of the rector, the student registration and a very nice lecture hall used for celebrations and PhD defenses.

  • Last modified 26-02-2016